Tuesday, September 4, 2012

When There's A Will There's A Way

Assalamualaikum wr. wb.

Ikhlas
Somehow, I learned that the best way to get something is to let it go. Letting go, for me, is what we usually call ikhlas in Islam. It is not that we're not making any efforts on trying to realize something, but it's more like trying to the fullest to get what we want but be grateful with any result you might get. To let go is like believing that anything happens for a reason and God knows what's best for us. Every second in your life has been written. It's fate, it's what they call destiny. You do have little power to change what can be changed, but in the end what you think is best might not be what actually is best for you. We should believe in that. I should believe in that.

Grateful
Like I said in my earlier posts, I find that the key to happiness is thankfulness. It is more than okay to have dreams, expectations. But don't let those ambitions blind us. Try not to always envy people who have more of everything than us, they might be more grateful so Allah gives them more. Be grateful of every breath, every dime, every little thing we have. This one can never be easy, as well. But we have to try. I have to try.

So I guess I'm done establishing my goals to become a better person. The ultimate birthday wish. Those are what I should do more for I am being more mature now. I am 20 years old. I should act more like an adult, right?

Cheers.
Happy birthday to me.

Wassalamualaikum wr. wb.

P.S : The title is an inspiration my English teacher texted me when I was still in elementary school. I guess it was when I was in the 4th grade or something? Thank you Ms. Aisyah, it was a huge motivation for me that time, even for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment