Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What I've Been Doing After The Yosakoi Festival Long... Long Ago

Assalamualaikum wr. wb.

These are what I've been doing after the Yosakoi Festival post I wrote a long time ago, haha :P




October 11th, 2012. I went to a small mochi store near my dorm. I was with Charlie and Mariko :D We ate several kind of mochi (red bean, shoyu, and sesame) and got a free Sendai-special zunda mochi! It was fun :)





October 14th, 2012. Zuihoden! It was one of several tourism spots in Sendai. Zuihoden is the place of Masamune Date's Mausoleum. I went with Intan, Mariko, Mio-san, Bin, and Hong. It was fun :) I even had a chance to hold a Japanese traditional instrument and watch the show! It was a special event held only on that day. Cool :')






October 25th, 2012. The day was first begun with Shalat Ied at Sendai Mosque. It was Idul Adha. Eid Mubarak! Hehe. At night, IPLA students were to celebrate our first monthversarry! We went to eat ramen (No, don't get me wrong. I ate yakisoba since ramens are all not-halal, haha). Afterwards, we went to a high building to see Sendai city at night! :)





October 27th, 2012. I, Eka, and Fuad went downtown to find something interesting and we ended up eating soba at this gorgeous restaurant which had been visited by members of Rakuten Eagles and has this cool ticket machine for buying food! Haha bear with me, I haven't seen that kind of thing before.




October 28th, 2012. My first time being a model! Well, it wasn't on a runway, but I might have this occupation in the future :P Nah, joking. I had a chance to be one of Indonesian representative to model at Tohoku University International Festival. Such an amazing experience :)












November 3rd ~ 5th, 2012. Tohoku University held a University Festival or Daigakusai. It was so fun. Besides the existence of various mainly-food-stalls outside, the classes were also decorated by university's clubs and circles. Several of them created cafes, haunted houses, or even turned a big class to a beautiful piano stage :) Indonesian students were also selling yaki bananas at that time (Pisang keju alias pisang bakar, haha), it was quite successful, I might say, since it was our first time participating in Tohoku University Festival :D





November 4th, 2012. Sorry for not putting this in a correct time-order. But I want to separate this one from the Daigakusai :) That was time for.. Chinese Hotpot Party! :D The soup was totally spicy, but the food was so delicious! :9 Charlie held this event and he used all Halal meats for this party so that I could eat the meats :') so considerate. Thankyou Allah for giving me a friend like him, hehe. The chicken soup, tea-egg, and hotpot were uber delicious! :'D







November 10th, 2012. Yes, I know, my schedule was pretty intense :P This time, my high school friend Al (who's currently being an exchange student to Tokyo Institute of Technology) came to Sendai :) We went to Matsushima together. Matsushima is known for its beautiful scenery. One of the top three best scenery in Japan. We went on a boat and had a chance to feed seagulls which came along with the boat for the whole trip (amazing!) and we went to see the Light-Up Illumination event at Entsuin Temple. It. Was. Amazingly. Beautiful. One of the best views I have ever seen in my whole life. There were several trees near a pond (see the third picture) which was enlighten by several bulbs and the reflection can be seen on the pond. The reflection was so clear that you could have imagined that there was another world inside the pond! Amazing. Enough said. Subhanallah.






November 11th, 2012. Second day of Al's short trip to Sendai. I got to bring him to Zuihoden and Aoba Castle which I had never been before. Zuihoden was still the same, minus the musical show. Aoba castle was  nice, we could see a beautiful scenery of Sendai from up the hill. It was beautiful. My friend even said that it was the most romantic place she has ever been in Sendai. After a long-and-quite-tiring trip from Dorm-Zuihoden-Aoba Castle-Sendai National Museum of Art-Tohoku University, we went to the city and saw this beautiful arcade decoration at Velondrome :) What a great way to call it 'a day'.








November 17th, 2012. IPLA went to Hiraizumi! It was a place in Iwate Perfecture where we can see temples and great view of Momiji (when leaves on the trees are turning red). I had to go with my tutor but unfortunately she couldn't come so I was accompanied by the one and only Taiki :D We had so much fun, great pictures were taken. Such a wonderful memory since the autumn colors are indeed so bright and beautiful :D










November 18th, 2012. Yes, only a day after Hiraizumi Trip, some of us in Japanese Culture 2 Class got a chance to experience Japanese Traditional Tea Ceremony and got to write our own Japanese calligraphy. The Japanese Tea Ceremony was so quiet and solemn, I sat neatly with Japanese-style gesture for about an hour and my feet were numb, haha, but the tea was delicious and the sweets were so tasty :9 After that, I wrote my own calligraphy and it says "Jibun o shinjiyo, kiseki wa okoru" or "Believe in yourself, miracle will happen" cool, eh? :)






November 20th, 2012. Now it's time for some Thai foods! Since the scholarship money were just out, we went to have nice supper! :) All of them were super duper delicious! We ate a lot and had a lot of fun too! :D Fanny also gave me a taste of Swedish cookies that she found in Japan, it was tasty! :D







November 22nd, 2012. I went to Clear and Joakim's birthday bash! First, we went to this place called Sweet Paradise where you can eat as much cakes and pasta as you like for 1.5 hours. It was, to tell you the truth, quite expensive. And since I am a moslem I couldn't really eat everything there, hehe. However, it was fun and I suppose I can not find a place like that in Indonesia, so it was worth the while :D Afterwards, we went to a karaoke which turned out to be wild, for me. Haha. I will never ever ever getting used to people drinking alcohol near me. Hehe :)

--------------------

Yay! Finished! Hahahaha. So, the last thing happened were just today (or should I say yesterday since it's 1:21 AM already haha). My first snow! The first snow in Sendai! So excited!

November 27th, 2012. The first snow in Sendai. The first ever snow which fall from the sky I experienced in my whole life. Subhanallah. Alhamdulillah. :)

Goodnight people :)

Wassalamualaikum wr. wb.

No comments:

Post a Comment