Thursday, May 8, 2014

Keep Going!

You have to believe that 
after hardship, comes ease.
God knows what you've done,
He knows how hard you've tried.
The next step would only to believe,
that He'll set up the right time for you
to reap the seeds that you've sown.

Anyway, all of a sudden I just really want to share to you some words which have stayed on my mind and heart for quite a long time. It was my mom's. When I was in Elementary school, I got pretty envious of these friends of mine whose families are rich, yet they're doing pretty well at school. You know, there was an ongoing assumption that rich kids are typically not smart, and at that time I felt like the world is so unfair that there actually are kids who could actually get both things on their hands.

I never had any courage to tell those to my mom, but somehow she could understand my feeling when a few things accidentally slipped out my mouth while I was ranting on my assignments, and she said: "It is just normal that rich people are smart. They have enough resources to be smart and successful. They have money for private lessons, they have all the facilities they need to pursue their dreams, they don't need to take the public transportation to go to school, et cetera. But you know, if you could be as successful as they are with all of your limited resources, then it is what I call exceptional."

Since then, I believe that all of the limitations I have are actually some sort of tools to prove other people that I am capable of doing more. They won't hold me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment