Tuesday, May 5, 2015

On Sleepless Nights

Assalamualaikum wr. wb.

Been going through countless sleepless nights and too-much-sleep kind of days. Will be having TOEFL test this morning for the thesis defense requirement. Will be doing much part of the Fourth Chapter of the holy thesis and hopefully will be able to send the draft to my adviser before work hour ends today. Pretty tight schedule, better be prepared and sleep instead of writing on the blog but I just feel like I need to somehow dribble out all of these pressure and anxieties somewhere, somehow.

Anyway, writing thesis is sometimes exciting (or more like intriguing ) and sometimes pretty devastating. The more you read, the more you know, and for me, most of the time results in over-thinking as well as growing excitement of knowing new, interesting matters. However, there currently is significant stress-level increase as the deadline draws nearer (also means getting closer to the defense date). And it's sickening that there's so much uncertainties coming from the probable double-standard in the defense resulting from possible combinations of lecturers.

It's D-24 before the deadline to submit the thesis, by the way.
So. Much. Pressure. Lol.

But in a much more positive tone, I luckily got a very admirable professor as an adviser. He is said to be very competent in financial research (and I believe so). I had quite a nice time every time I and my friends under his supervision meet him for discussion. It's so fulfilling to get to know a great person that I got highly motivated every time I met him for a discussion. Hope my research is good enough for him to help me out in my defense.

So, yeah. Bye for now.

Wassalamualaikum wr. wb.

No comments:

Post a Comment