Monday, July 23, 2012

Welcoming Ramadhan :)

Assalamualaikum wr. wb.

Good morning folks :)
Today is the third day of fasting, alhamdulillah. I'm so sorry because this post's timing is not quite right (I'm late since I didn't make this post on the first day of Ramadhan), but bear with me okay? Hehe.

Alhamdulillah. I am so grateful that this year I am still able to feel this certain, beautiful atmosphere of Ramadhan. It is beautiful indeed. During this whole month, I feel like all the atmosphere in my country changes. We can clearly feel and see it. In our television, there would be a lot of of singers singing spiritual songs, there would be tons of TV series about Islam, and so on. In the mosque near our home, there would be a lot of ayat Qur'an and prayers being pronounced. I bet this is going to be so memorable for anyone who spend their lives in Indonesia, a country with the largest population of moslem. Maybe this is one of the reason why many moslems decide to stay in Indonesia :')

For me, the most amazing feeling during Ramadhan are during sahoor, maghrib, and tarawih. At those times, people who don't usually eat together (like my family which rarely spend time together at the dining table) will eat together. For almost the whole month. And usually, those routines includes all the member of the family. It also happens during the fast-breaking time, maghrib. I think it's so memorable, remembering a flashback that when I was a child, I was utterly excited to hear the adzan. Of course, it's because we are allowed to break our fast when adzan has been heard. I and my siblings even tried to find a TV channel that is more likely to air the adzan earlier than other TV channels, because usually people at mosques break their fast first before echoing the adzan which makes the adzan comes slower than those on TVs. Also when I was a child, I went to the mosque in order to do tarawih with my friends near my house. Actually, I did that because of two things: the Ramadhan book from school and the snacks I'd get after doing tarawih. Haha. 

Alhamdulillah, this year I am able to feel those atmosphere, again. For the 19th time in my life. I am so grateful for this blessing. Even though now I probably won't try to find a channel that air adzan the earliest or doing tarawih because of the snacks (here in Jakarta they don't even share snacks after tarawih :p) but I still find this month of Ramadhan so precious and memorable. In a different way, of course.

Now that I've grown older, I find Ramadhan to be a month when people try to do their best to praise Allah, pray to Him, and also seek His forgiveness upon sins we have done earlier. This month is so full of blessings, that's why many people don't want to waste this chance. I hope I will be one of those people who do not miss this opportunity given by Him. I hope I can do my best in taking advantage of this month and developing myself to be a better moslem. Amiin.

By the end of this month, I wish all of us can get victory. Victory by means of being able to create our better selves, with the process of purifying our hearts during the holy month of Ramadhan. Amiin.

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, hope this Ramadhan become a better Ramadhan than before :) Let's do our best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment