Monday, June 17, 2013

One Down, Two More To Go

54 days left before leaving Sendai.

I'm relieved and feel somewhat content as I nearly finished my independent study paper. The paper titled "Revenue Strategies of Social Enterprises: A Literature Review". It laid its focus on the current situation, the underlying background, as well as possible effects of revenue strategies chosen by social enterprises. This paper is the second paper I wrote during my time in Tohoku University. 

My first paper was also related to social entrepreneurship since it is one of the things I put a lot of interest in aside of books, photography, guitar, and other academically irrelevant stuffs. It was titled "Social Entrepreneurship in Tohoku University Students: Motivations and Hindrances". The title says it all, eh?

Anyway, my half-academic year (because the other half is a holiday-year) in Tohoku University teaches me that writing about things that you actually like is a lot less troublesome than writing things that you have no interest in. Probably that is why the time I spent to write on my blog accounts a lot more than the time I used for writing my reports or assignments. Haha. 

Even so, I'm still wondering if reading a lot of materials on one particular issue would actually grow our interest in that issue. I hope so though, since I still have two more papers to finish by the time this semester ends. One is on Toyota's lean manufacturing system and the other one is on corporate governance in Japan and its relation with Japanese financial system. The first one is more preferable for me than the latter but I will try hard to like it as well as put a lot of thoughts on it.

Moving on from all those academic writings, I'll talk on my academic presentation. Hahaha. I'll have my first open-for-public seminar on my independent study writing this semester. It was kind of nerve-wracking when my sensei told me to do this presentation but considering the number of people who will come (which is more likely to be only a few) I feel more relaxed. I am actually pretty anxious too (another part of me hopes that numerous people would come), since this kind of experience will probably brush up my ability in presenting my ideas. Getting feed-backs would also help me a lot for my future studies (e.g. to write my undergraduate thesis).

So yeah, that's today. I hope this overly-academic-related post won't bother you, haha. Let's try our best in doing not only fun stuffs but also some serious matters :P

Should The Danbo replace me on my presentation? :P

Official poster on the public seminar.

No comments:

Post a Comment