Thursday, June 20, 2013

The King!

51 days left before leaving Sendai.

From the day we arrived on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There's more to see, than can ever be seen
More to do, than can ever be done
There's far too much to take in here
More to find, than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps greats and smalls, on the endless round
 
It's the circle of life, and it moves us all
Though despair and hope, through faith and love
The Circle of Life, from The Lion King 

Tonight I strolled around Youtube as usual and I found myself watching Disney movies' songs which tremendously brings back memories; the reminiscences from my childhood. Those times when I used to watch Hercules and Tarzan with my cousins every time I went to my grandparents' house during the holidays.  Ah, how I miss the olden times.

Among all songs I listened to, I found it really moving when I heard Disney Lion King's songs. So much of a favorite. One of the greatest is the one I wrote up above, The Circle of Life. Listening to the song, the memories of me watching The Lion King and The Lion King II almost everyday during my junior high school came up to mind. I loved those movies so much as well as the songs that I tried to figure out the lyrics of each song sung in the movies only by listening to them --well, the internet connection at that time was extremely slow--.

Aside of the great music, I also admire The Lion King because I could feel that there's a wonderful message conveyed by the movie. Just take a look at how Simba could finally find the place where he belonged to: his home. The father-daughter relationship of Simba and Kiara was also marvelous, not to mention the emotionally deep, pure love stories of Simba-Nala as well as Kovu-Kiara. It's also exciting to see the breath-taking adventures of Simba and rejection of Kovu. All in all, the movie is great both musically and visually as well as rich in emotion, I should say.

So yeah, of all the Disney movies, my all-time favorite is, without any doubt, The Lion King and The Lion King II. They're just indescribably awesome :)

Danbo-san on my studying desk (and of course with The Lion King background)!

Me and the only Disney stuff I got, haha. Now I'm thinking of getting a Lion King phone case!

No comments:

Post a Comment