Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Stars I Couldn't Fathom into Constellations

Familiar with the title? Of course, you'd read a similar text from this book called "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. He wrote: My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations. So here are some thoughts of me coming from a couple months ago, which somehow I can't fathom into decent blog post.

The answer to my anxieties and the lingering question about the purpose of life is that I am trying to find peace inside myself. And there is no better place to find peace but in Islam.

The more I understand myself, the more people would accept me. Faking isn't always necessary, because people would prefer to welcome a person with identity.

Leisure time is really a double-edged sword, at least for me. Using it for activities with much benefits would be much better, really.

One kind of problem which occurs to me as very irritating would be disrespect. I have no respect for people acting disrespectfully. 

Reading the Qur'an and study about Islam bring me back to my purposes and principles, also to the realization of how small and powerless I really am.

Ambition is necessary, but for me, having too much of it would erode the soul. Sometimes it catalyzes too much anxieties I couldn't handle.

It's so saddening to see how ethics and morality aren't valued much by people in my country.

2 comments:

  1. The more I understand myself, the more people would accept me. Faking isn't always necessary, because people would prefer to welcome a person with identity.

    I couldn't agree more. I opened up to my family recently and it turned out to be a great relief. I hope you find the answers of all your questions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah alhamdulillah banget kalo gitu Dis :D gue juga masih harus lebih banyak belajar membuka diri nih wkwk.
      Iya aamiin aamiin, lo juga ya Dis, atau mungkin lo malah sudah menemukan jawaban dari pertanyaan-pertanyaan kehidupan? :D share laah hehe.
      Semangat menjalani apapun yg sedang lo hadapi sekarang yah!

      Delete