Sunday, July 10, 2016

On to a new blog!

Assalamualaikum wr. wb.

To those of you who might notice, I have already been on blogger.com for about 8 years. I started writing on this blog since the second year of high school, and it has been going on until now. Having been continuously doing something for a long time is actually quite an accomplishment for itself, since I get bored really easily, and I work on so many little side projects which can be huge distractions for me to actually do something persistently. But then, here I am, been writing on my blog for 8 years, so I suppose I can do a pat-myself-on-the-back kind of thing for that.

But you know, sometimes doing something consistently is not enough. What is it that I have achieved over the last 8 years of writing? I am not someone with any meaningful content in my blog. This blog has always been a self-healing kind of place for me to write things that I have been worried about, things that I can never actually share verbally to anyone, or things related with love or compassion, and really just little thoughts on various matters. But it has never had any connection or certain theme in between them except that there is one writer to all those: me.

So, a few months ago, I started doing a little project: writing another blog which actually has a theme to it, travel. I have always enjoyed travelling (as most people do, really), and I want to be able to remember things I have done in my travel, by writing them. Along my life, I have also had to a point where I realized that I have a certain passion with photography (and cinematography), and those so-called passion can also be channeled with the help of my travel blog.

So, here I am, starting everything over ever since last March, writing several starter posts with very low number of views; even lower than most of my posts in this blog (lol). And I am hoping that you would care to take a brief stroll to it, and tell me what you think. Here's a picture with the link:

taritravels.wordpress.com

Spoiler: it is in Indonesian so... sorry to anyone interested who does not speak the language. Well, I do have the intention to write the posts about places in Indonesia in English language though, and I will let you know if I have any of those posted.

And yeah, as usual, wish me the best of luck and I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Wassalamualaikum wr. wb.

No comments:

Post a Comment